The time is now – Cerium’s Seven reasons to move to the latest release of Avaya Aura
- EoS: Avaya Aura R7 New and upgrades for User licenses, and R7 session manager. Effective Oct. 14, 2019
- EoS: Avaya Aura Messaging Effective June 8, 2020, Avaya will no longer sell (make commercially available) new Avaya Aura Messaging systems deployed on turnkey physical server, AVP, Customer-provided VM’s, or Software only downloads across all releases up to and including all Release 7.x
- EoS: CS1000E Systems and CS1000 Release 7.6 Software, as of April 9, 2018 with support continuing through June 1, 2024.
1. Upgrading to 8 will allow the addition of new phones, which is not possible with 6.3 or 7 (BuyToCurrent customers only)
2. Avaya Aura R8 provides entitlement to Officelinx (IX Messaging) licenses: While a full migration to IX Messaging is not urgently required, a migration path including a move Avaya 8 is worth considering. Listed below are some of the key points you may not be aware of:
- 1 Mainstream mailbox license for every power user
- 1 basic mailbox license for every core user
- Enhanced capabilities like Google and Office365 integration, optional transcription, and enhaced scalability.
- The “Moving forward” voice messaging solution for Avaya.
3. By upgrading your licenses to R8, licenses can be are migrated to Officelinx free of charge
4. Avaya is offering aggressive discounts to ensure that you get the maximum amount of value from your existing system.
5. Avaya Aura 8 can deploy on a list of platforms including Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMware, KVM, Hyper-V and Nutanix Acropolis. You can now build highly redundant systems that take advantage of your existing virtual infrastructure or leverage the resiliency of cloud platforms.
6. Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) now underpins the majority of all integration with the Avaya Aura Platform allowing for SIP trunking, SIP 3rd party integration, and SIP endpoints.
7. Avaya Equinox® is changing the way Avaya Aura users communicate. Avaya’s rich, no compromise, team engagement solution enables users to truly collaborate anywhere from any device, across any channel