Case Study: US Digital
US Digital Modernizes Their Data Center with VxRail Hyperconverged Technology
When US Digital’s aging infrastructure neared end of life, they chose Dell EMC hyperconverged technology to power their next-generation data center. Dell EMC recommended Cerium Networks as an experienced technology partner to help with design and implementation.
As their data center infrastructure neared end of life, US Digital saw an opportunity to move from their traditional three-tier architecture, with separate silos for compute, storage and networking, to a hyper-converged model offering better interoperability, ease of integration, improved performance, simplified management, and more robust data protection.
- Cerium worked with US Digital’s IT Team to design a fully-redundant hyperconverged infrastructure based on Dell EMC VxRail E Series appliances and VMware virtualization software.
- Turnkey on-site installation of the data center along with new Cisco switches to facilitate network connectivity.
- Cerium services also included a thorough product review, knowledge transfer session, and day one support for all hardware and software.
- Outstanding reliability, agility and economics
- US Digital can grow and evolve without outpacing their infrastructure.
- IT Staff has more time to spend more time on strategic initiatives.
- New services can be rolled out more efficiently and effectively.
- Improved performance and exponentially higher memory capacity and storage space
“We are already experiencing huge benefits just from the increased performance of the solution over our old systems.We look forward to the reduced complexity and simplified administration as the solution decreases our operational costs going forward.”
— Steven Johnson, Senior Data Center Engineer, US Digital
About US Digital
US Digital, a worldwide leader in motion control components, designs and manufacturers optical encoders, magnetic encoders, and inclinometers from their state of the art, 118,000 square foot facility in Vancouver, Washington, USA. Since its beginning in 1980, US Digital has been revolutionizing the motion control industry with innovative products, exemplary customer service, and competitive pricing.